Free Dissertation Advice
(1) Don't burn any bridges.
(2) Ask your Dissertation Chair for a copy of a completed dissertation to follow as an example.
(3) When formulating a topic, consider how the data will be collected.
(4) Formulate a research topic as early as possible in the program.
(5) If you have the opportunity to choose any research topic for other doctoral courses, choose a topic that's related to your dissertation so that you will be gathering information that you will use later.
(6) Don't give up.
(7) Present your research in conferences related to your subject matter so that it will give you experience in what to expect in your dissertation defense.